The Benefits of Organic Supplements
Organic dietary supplements are those in which active ingredients are grown or harvested without the use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Generally natural organic supplements utilised are Certified organic food, certified organic meat, organic whey, organic chlorella, natural fish oil, organic alfalfa, organic birch, raw organic coconut oil, unrefined organic sea salt, unrefined organic corn, unrefined organic maple syrup, organic alfalfa sprouts and unrefined organic rice bran oil. Some natural organic supplements may also contain herbal extracts, minerals and vitamins as an active ingredient. Some contain only plant oils, whereas others may contain only vegetable oils. Some may contain only a small amount of one or more synthetic ingredients whereas some may have only a minute amount of any of the ingredients mentioned above.
Natural organic supplements are used to replace regular vitamin and mineral pills because they do not contain synthetic chemicals, synthetic vitamins, synthetic minerals and artificial preservatives. They are generally cheaper than their non-organic counterparts and are available with a wider range of absorption rate ranges. Organic dietary supplements are all-natural vitamins and minerals and they offer the same health benefits of an organic vitamin but with no unwanted or unnecessary side effects. They provide a wide range of unique, healthful nutritional benefits that are not available with conventional vitamin and mineral pills including:
* Synthetic vitamins and minerals tend to be highly deficient in many of the essential minerals and nutrients found in foods. For example, synthetic vitamins for animal feed may contain hormones and antibiotics which can cause long-term illnesses or damage to the digestive tract, kidneys and liver. Also, synthetic vitamins are prone to having an insufficient absorption rate of the nutrients in the body. As a result, a small percentage of the supplement will get absorbed in the body while the rest will pass through the digestive system undigested. Non-organic supplements lack the non-synthetic vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are absorbed very slowly by the body and therefore do not leave the body through the normal meals and break down as quickly as a synthetic supplement. Organic dietary supplements are a complete food and have a much higher absorption rate than their non-organic counterparts.
* Many organic supplements contain herbs and other organic compounds that are not readily absorbed by the body. These herbs can include vitamins and minerals as well as amino acids and essential oils. These herbs tend to lose their nutritional value as they are broken down in the digestive process and do not reach their intended destination. Additionally, some herbs and organic compounds do not travel well through the environment and do not remain active. freeze-drying removes these components from the supplement while retaining the nutritional value.
* The manufacturing method used to create organic supplements can also affect the nutritional quality. Some organic ingredients such as manure are not heat treated or processed in order to maintain their nutritional value. Other organic ingredients such as wheat grass or coconut oil may be heat treated or processed to improve the stability, aroma, color or taste of the product. If the manufacturer does not use heat treatment, some organic ingredients such as beta sitosterol lose their full activity. Other companies will chemically modify or alter organic ingredients in order to create standardized, consistent products.
* Organic dietary supplements come in a variety of forms. These include tablets, capsules, powders, or liquids. Some supplements come in liquids because they are more easily absorbed and do not need to be broken down during the digestive process. They are easier on the digestive system and do not cause uncomfortable stomach cramps or intestinal discomfort like powders and liquids.
* When you buy organic supplements you may be purchasing low-grade, synthetic fertilizers. Often, synthetic fertilizers are cheaper because they do not require the same manufacturing methods. However, synthetic fertilizers often contain harmful pesticides, herbicides and other toxic chemicals that can damage your health over time. Organic fertilizers contain beneficial nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. They also provide plenty of antioxidants that can eliminate toxins in your body and improve your immune system.
As you can see, organic supplements provide many health benefits. You can improve your diet by using nutrients from natural, renewable sources. You can avoid the dangers of synthetic pesticides and other toxic chemicals. In addition, you can receive the same benefits as you would get from eating organic fruits and vegetables.